Wednesday, March 5, 2008

California's 11 Most Wanted

Well its less then 24 hours away from my big cali trip. If you haven't been up to date, I am hitting Disneyland/DCA Friday, then Winter Coaster Solace at Knotts Saturday, and finishing up Sunday with West Coast Bash at Six Flags Magic Mountain.

Now I haven't been to the West Coast in 5 years, so there is a whole lot of new stuff, so I wanted to go thru the countdown of what i am looking forward to the most.



Number 11: Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams

I have never been big on parades at amusement parks, but the ones I don't miss are the ones at DL and MK. This parade looks to have some incredible floats and would be worth a watchin with a snack perhaps.



Number 10: Sierra Sidewinder

ERT on this one should be interesting at Solace. I have done two other styles of spinning coasters (pandemonium style and crazy mouse style) and am looking foreward to trying one with a entire train of spinning cars.



Number 9: Pirates Lair on Tom Sawyers Island

Honestly the one attraction on this list I am not sure if I will do, just cause there is so much to see and do at DL/DCA that I don't know if i will have time to go explore the lair. But Pirates of the Carribean are pretty much my favorite movies ever, so hopefully i will be able to take the raft ride over to explore the caves.



Number 8: Disneyland 50th Anniversary Exhibit & Film

Yea, I am a big disney dork so you know this will be on the list. I do own the Walt Disney Treasures - Disneyland - Secrets, Stories & Magic so I pretty much know what to expect.



Number 7: Buzz Lightyears Astro Blasters

I didn't ride the one at magic kingdom when I was down in orlando, but I have been on it before and don't think its Disney's best work. This is an updated version and something I have never done so I am looking forward to it.



Number 6: Silver Bullet

The only reason this isn't higher on the list is that I have been on LOADS of B&M inverts and pretty much know what to expect and thats a very good solid ride. This one in particular looks to have some pretty good visuals on it.



Number 5: Tower of Terror

ToT at DHS is my favorite ride in Orlando and its my understanding this one was made cheaper but has a few different effects.



Number 4: Monsters Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue

I always associate disney parks with dark rides, so I am thrilled to ride a new one. I also liked the Monsters Inc film a lot.



Number 3: Remember Dreams Come True

I LOVE Disney fireworks. One of my happiest places in the world is standing in the hub in front of the castle with some popcorn and watching the spectacle. Remember is themed around disneyland itself and its classic attractions, so that only makes me more pumped.



Number 2: Tatsu

A massive, tall, long, terrain B&M flyer, I can't wait. I enjoy the S:UF's (i have been on all 3) and can't wait to try the supersize model during morning ERT at the bash.



Number 1: Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage

This is the big one for me. I really liked the 5 minute nemo dark ride at epcot and can't wait to ride a more immersive version thats 3 times as long. And to me there is just going to be something specail about stepping into a disney submarine. I think the last time I was on one was on 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea at MK all the back in 1992 (I was 7 years old at the time) and am really looking foreward to re-living that in 2 days.

If you can't tell I am really pumped about the trip.
Thanks for reading.

No comments: