Thursday, June 5, 2008

Creature From the Black Lagoon: The Musical Announced?!!??!!?!

Creature From the Black Lagoon: The Musical Announced?!!??!!?!

Yes, you read that correctly. Its coming to Universal Studios Hollywood.

This one sounds odd, really odd. The show is replacing the generally unloved Fear Factor live show.

Interesting they would choose this movie (isn't it really old).
Interesting they would make it a musical.

I don't know how exactly they are going to market this thing, I mean I can't see "Come To Universal Studios To See The All New Creature From the Black Lagoon: The Musical" bringing anyone through the gate. Or Maybe someone in the boardroom said "Well the fire that took Kong and part of the backlot has given the park a lot of bad press. I GOT IT, we'll announce Creature From the Black Lagoon: The Musical is coming next summer, that'll help."

I mean making a non-musical movie into a theme park musical can work, Disney did it with the Finding Nemo: The Musical (my favorite theme park stage show ever).

A singing Gil-Man, gonna be strange to say the least.

No comments: