Thursday, April 23, 2009

4/22-23 MK EPCOT "Starting To Get Hot Here" Edition



I took a quick afternoon trip to EPCOT yesterday and spent the afternoon today at Magic Kingdom, nothing too groundbreaking.

Some Notes:

- I was only at EPCOT for about two hours, I wanted to take pictures of the Flower & Garden Festival, (like the one above) should have a full F&G update sometime this week.
- The descent on Spaceship Earth looks like its half finished with some trippy illuminated triangles have been added in spots.
- I had breakfast this morning at 1900 Park Faire at the Grand Floridian. It was excellent, the food from the buffet is delicous and the 'cooked to order' omelette guy is my favorite. Its a character breakfast so Mary Poppins and Winnie The Pooh among others stop by from time to time. It is a tad expensive (I think it was around $25) but I think its worth it from time to time as a special thing.
- Magic Kingdom was busy today, but not packed. I was there about 4 hours and got on quite a bit of attractions. Its a bit harder to tell just how busy MK is now with three attractions down for rehab (Hall Of Presidents, TTA, Space Mountain).
- Monsters Inc Laugh Floor got me giggling with one of the jokes: "Why did Snoop Dogg carry an umbrella? For drizzle."

Some Pics:


Pagoda is half way back.


American Adventure was 'Bushed Off' for a private event which I assume was both very large & very expensive.


A humorous and quite good chalk drawing.


Crowds on Thursday at one.


Village Haus getting some love.


Construction walls up between the entrance to Pirates Of The Caribbean and its gift shop. I'm assuming this is for The Pirates League which is essentially a manned up version of the Bippiddi Boppiddi Boutique, could be a cool idea.


Tomorrowland has some huge balls.


Stitch construction. More details have been added to the lower part of the stage since the last time I've been there.


This sign is at the entrance to Tomorrowland letting everyone know that Space Mountain is down.


The fastpass return lane at Peter Pan's Flight can get quite backed up.

Ride Count

Spaceship Earth

Tiki Room
Pirates
Stitch
Buzz Lightyear
Monsters Inc
Haunted Mansion
Country Bears
Big Thunder Mountain
Peter Pan's Flight

No comments: