Saturday, June 14, 2008

Movie Review: Kung Fu Panda


This morning I decided to hop in the car and drive to a movie theater I never been to, because they were showing Kung Fu Panda in IMAX. The theater turned out to be really sweet and the IMAX was massive. It really did make the movie better being able to watch the actions of a Panda 60 feet tall.

The movie itself I enjoyed, but wasn't quite what I was expecting. Going in I figured this would be more of a comedy like Shrek, turns out the movie was more story and less laughs like Ratatouille (no, it wasn't as good). The movie follows the story of Po, a fat Panda voiced by Jack Black. There were actually a lot of celebrities used as voices (Dustin Hoffman, Angelina Jolie, Jackie Chan) but while watching the film I only noticed Black & the hilarious Seth Rogen (who had a small role). I don't want to say too much about the story, but it is very well done and has a sort of 'Star Wars' feel with people being the roles of master & good/evil. The animation looked surprisingly good on the giant screen, while it wasn't the work of art like the Pixar films, it looked well. Overall I liked the movie and would recommend it for anyone looking to relax for an hour and a half.

THUMBS UP

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

still gotta see Kung Fu Panda... Jack Black is classic for sure; he'll be forever famous for his work in School of Rock