Saturday, July 19, 2008

Movie Review: The Dark Knight


Yes, It was as awesome as it looked in the previews.

I absolutely loved this film. By far my favorite movie of the summer and the year. Its 2.5 hours of eyes being glued to the screen. The storyline is rather simple Joker trying to destroy Gotham, Batman protects Gotham. Heath Ledger's performance as The Joker was awesome, the character was funny, creepy, evil & interesting. Now I was never a big fan of his and thought most of the roles I seen him in were 'lil bitch' roles, but he was very good in this one. The movie I thought wasn't without its faults, I hated the female lead, thought the ending could have been on a more 'spectacular' scale to match the rest of the movie and I thought Christain Bale's 'Batman Voice' was a bit of overacting. This movie is really helped by the small roles of Morgan Freeman & Micheal Caine, who both do an exceptional job. This is one I might have to go see again, it was that good.

THUMBS UP

No comments: